I’m celebrating National Get Outside Day, and so are the lovely team at Spring PR!
Ordnance Survey’s Get Outside Day takes place tomorrow (Sunday, September 26) and this year’s theme is ‘Be kind’ – to nature, to others and to yourself. You could carry out a community litter pick, help a neighbour with their gardening, build a bug hotel or leave the car at home and explore what’s on your doorstep!
To mark the occasion, boutique outdoors agency Spring PR is giving away a bundle of lovely goodies to one of my followers. All you have to do is tell me which year is officially recognised as the birth of Ordnance Survey. You can comment below or on my Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and all correct answers will go in the hat. Here are the amazing prizes up for grabs in one brilliant bundle:
Haglöfs Touring Mid Jacket
Haglöfs SNW Series is all about big mountain performance wear and the Touring Mid Jacket is made from a Polartec fabric originally developed for the US Special Forces. Alpha® Direct™ accommodates changes in your activity levels, keeping users comfortable throughout without the need to shed layers. This adaptable insulation is fast-drying, super breathable and very lightweight, and is particularly effective for mountain users switching between high-pulse uphill climbs and cool, windy downhill runs. Available in men’s and women’s versions.
Hydro Flask 21 oz
I’ve got a collection of Hydro Flasks, all different sizes, and they genuinely do keep water icy cold (for 24 hours) and hot drinks piping (for 12 hours), due to the TempShield double wall vacuum insulation. The Hydro Flask 21 oz stashes easily into your backpack’s bottle pocket and is leakproof. Made from durable stainless steel, it’s available in a variety of bright, bold and beautiful colours inspired by nature – including this fetching ‘Get Outside’ orange! The mouth is wide enough to fill with ice cubes and it fits the LifeStraw Universal. Speaking of which…
Save some weight in your backpack and enjoy clean, filtered water from your favourite bottle with the LifeStraw Universal filter, which allows you to refill when on the go from a fresh water source. The powerful filter and activated carbon capsule removes almost all bacteria (99.999999%), parasites (99.999%) and microplastics (99.999%), as well as bad odour, taste, chlorine and organic chemical matter. It fits most bottles, including those from Hydro Flask, Klean Kanteen, Camelbak and Nalgene, and comes with two cap sizes – narrow and wide mouth – and a leakproof lid. Oh, and here’s the best bit – every product bought gives one school child one year of clean water.
Available in a lovely range of autumnal and wintry colours, the Páramo Beanie has a warm fleece lining with excellent wicking, which takes moisture away from your head. It fits under a hood or helmet and the two fabrics mean it insulates or cools as needed!
Nikwax Essentials Kit
I use Nikwax on all my waterproofs, tents and hiking boots and I’m currently prepping for a long Welsh winter! The Nikwax Essentials Kit includes; Tech Wash, TX Direct, Footwear Cleaning Gel, Fabric and Leather Proof and an awesome 10L drybag (which would come in very handy on a Get Outside Day hike!)
Darn Tough Decade Stripe Micro Crew Cushion Socks
Lightweight and breathable, the Darn Tough Decade Stripe socks are versatile, being suitable for any conditions and any shoe. They are lightweight and cushioned and wick away moisture to help keep your tootsies dry and snug. All Darn Tough socks also come with an unconditional lifetime guarantee!
The legal bit:
- Competition closes at 6pm on Friday, October 1 2021.
- All entries on this blog, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram will be put into my favourite walking hat and the winner chosen at random. The winner’s name and town will be posted on my social media.
- No correspondence will be entered into, prizes are as stated, are not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- The winner will be notified shortly after the competition closing date and must agree to their details being shared with Spring PR.
- I comply with Data Protection and GDPR regulations and will not pass on your details to any third party other than to Spring PR. These details will be used only to post the prize to you, and not for any other purpose.
- Competitions are open to readers based in the UK.
- Competitors via Twitter must follow the guidelines laid out in the initial tweet with regards to entry rules.
- Competitors via Facebook must follow the guidelines laid out in the initial post with regards to entry rules.
- Competitors via Instagram must follow the guidelines laid out in the initial post with regards to entry rules.